EM MEETING – 09-03-2020
EM Meeting on 09/03/2020
Minutes of the Eucharistic Ministers’ meeting – 9 March 2020
Present: 14 Apologies: 8
The meeting opened at 7:30 pm with evening prayer and light refreshments. Fr. Chris attended the meeting.
- We discussed if another rota for ministers was going to commence. Ministers were given the option of another rota but it was decided that things worked better without a rota. Ministers are encouraged to minister when they can and even if they are late arriving should go into the sacristy to check if needed and put their name down. There have been Masses with few ministers and also Masses with adequate numbers. Thank you for your cooperation whilst we were short of ministers.
- Holy Week Services was discussed. There are always large numbers in the congregation over Easter. The priests would like the following numbers ministering if possible and rotas will be put up nearer the time.
Maundy Thursday – Evening service with 12 ministers.
Good Friday – 15 ministers to administer the hosts (this includes the priests). We will administer in the usual places and on the altar; in the choir loft and outside at the back of the church where large numbers gather.
Easter Vigil (Saturday) – 12 ministers
Easter Sunday Masses – 12 ministers each mass.
Any minister who feels they are able to help guide parishioners to communion points are welcome and greatly appreciated.
- Retreat – this will be arranged at a later date as usual for ministers before re-commissioning takes place at Corpus Christi.
- Corona Virus – The priests will continue to update us at each Mass regarding instructions concerning the virus. We must remain vigilant in our hand cleansing and follow the instructions already given to us. Thank you.
- Subscriptions – Thank you to ministers who have subscribed to the fund we are keeping in order to support ministers in times of sickness or bereavement.
- We will continue to email minutes of our meeting to ministers. A copy can also be collected from the sacristy and our minutes will be put on our website.
Date of next meeting: Monday 11th May 2020 at 7:30pm in the Upper Room.
Tel: 020 8573 2544