OUR PARISH OUR RESPONSIBILITY
Our Parish Our Responsibility
THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY
“Like good stewards of the manifold grace of God, serve one another with whatever gift each of you has received.”
– 1 Peter 4:10
WRCDT – Charity Number 233699
Our Parish of The Immaculate Heart of Mary
has a rich history as the spiritual centre in the lives of many. As Stewards responsible for the gifts received from God, we must look after our beautiful church & pass it on to future generations in excellent condition.
Like any household, our parish has to:
> Cover day-to-day running costs.
> Pay for building costs & repairs.
> Support Parish Programmes and Projects.
> Save 20% of our income for emergency repairs & future projects.
How we operated in 2018 –
numbers rounded to nearest 100
|Offertories Envelopes||£54,200||Salary to Claretians||£7,500|
|Offertories Sos||£18,100||Heat, Light, Water & Council Tax & Insurance||£34,000|
|Offertories Loose Plate||£67,200||Diocesan Levy||£51,900|
|Tax Redunds||£14,600||Parish administration||£94,600|
|General Donations & Fund Raising, Specific donations||£1,200||Parish Ministry*||£6,900|
|Christmas/ Easter Offerings, Stipends, Fees||£2,900||Liturgical Expense||£5,300|
|Parish Activities & Catechetics||£14,700||Parish activities & Catechetics||£6,600|
|Repository, Paper & Candles||£39,600||Repository, paper & Candles||£15,900|
|Parish Centre Revenue||£38,300||Parish Centre Expenses||£14,400|
|Rents from Functional Properties||£5,800||Property repairs and renewals||£15,300|
|(£) Savings 2018:||£4,200||(£) Savings 2018:||2%|
* Includes travel expenses, Donations, supply priests, deanery expenses
|Growing in Faith||£41,800|
Thanks for your support, our church and parish buildings are in good condition, having spent xxxx pounds in the last xxxx years on necessary repairs, maintenance, and building work.
In the future we wish to invest in the life of our parish by starting projects for xxxx to refurbish the pastoral centre.
But did you know that we would like to be able to…..
Organise courses and training for adult faith development
Improve the quality of the singing in our liturgies
Improve our ability to be more respectful of the environment
Offer more activities for our youth
Upgrade our facilities
Organise more retreats and opportunities for spiritual growth.
Develop more pastoral programmes to respond to the needs of the world today
Provide more services to help our members
Provide opportunites for people to improve their English
Offer more activities for our older members
Gift Aid is easy to do, doesn’t cost you a penny and helps our parish!
- 42% of donations were Gift Aided in 2018 – if all donations were Gift Aided the parish would receive an extra £20,600 from Gift Aid returns.
- Last year, 259 (15%) out of 1682 parishioners Gift Aided.
- If you pay UK income or capital gains tax please sign up to Gift Aid.
Gift Aid allows us to receive an extra 25p for every £1 you donate!
A standing Order is the best way to support our parish!
This provides secure, regular income that is easy to Gift Aid & costs less time & money to process than envelope & loose plate.
Sign up next week –
all you need is your account number & sort code.
Please reflect upon the following:
- How am I using my time, talents and financial resources to help my parish community faithfully respond to God’s call to love one another and help the most needy?
- Is my financial contribution to the parish appropriate to what i can afford?
- Is there more i can do to participate in our community’s efforts to build God’s kingdom here in Hayes.
- Do I give regularly, using a standing order or weekly envelopes?
- Do I give efficiently, using Gift Aid if I pay UK tax, to ensure that my parish gets the most out of my contributions?
Next week you will be able to:
- Sign uo to Gift Aid your donations if you pay UK tax.
- Make your offering by Standing Order (you will need your debit card)
- Review & renew the amount you currently give.
If you have any questions, please ask a volunteer after Mass or contact:
Parish Priest: Fr Paul Smyth CMF
Address: Botwell House, Botwell Lane,
Hayes, UB3 2AB
Tel: 020 8573 2544
Tel: 020 8573 2544